Bev

Saturday, January 9, 2010

I’m running anyway.

It’s freezing here today in Florida. Running anyway reminds me that one of the great lessons of running is to accept the world however you find it. If it’s hot, you’ll sweat. If it’s cold, you’ll shiver. If it’s raining, you’ll get wet. If it’s dark, you won’t be able to see very well. Runners are not seekers of comfort. When we learn to stop demanding that all unpleasantness be rendered neutral, we are more powerful people. So says Bev. I’m remembering.

This is the end of the first week. I haven’t decided how to craft this blog yet. I promise I won’t bore you every day with a workout report or a new food plan, but I will stay in frequent touch as I run toward the starting line of the 2010 New York City Marathon … one more time. Come with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment