Bev

Monday, January 4, 2010

I add the gym.

Walked one hour before work, but now getting bored. This is a good sign. Decided to trot occasionally. This is the beginning of interval training or fartlek: an easy workout punctuated by short, measured bursts of intensified effort or speed. Really short. Went to the gym late at night after everyone was in bed. The gym at midnight is attractive to me. I won’t run into anyone I know, so my workout will not be disrupted. And I won’t have to explain myself. The instructors were very nice. We put together a practical, simple program. Two circuits of about 10 machines. Mostly core and upper body. Not ideal, but better than what I’ve been doing, which was nothing. I checked with Jim and Phil. They endorse working out before bedtime; exercise relaxes a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment