Bev

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lottery countdown strategy taking shape!



The drawing for the 2010 ING New York City Marathon lottery is on March 15. We all have that date marked on our calendars as the day that Bev will be accepted into the marathon, don’t we? The pyrotechnicians have been hired? The caterers have been called? Right?

Just making sure that we’re all together on this ...

ATTENTION! MARATHON RUNNERS OF THE WORLD! If you have not already entered your name into the lottery, do NOT do it now. The lottery is too packed, and I need the New York Road Runners to find and draw my one little name from among the gazillion applicants.

If you enter now, and you get in and I don’t, you’ll have to live with that guilt forever. I care about you. Really. Personally. I don’t want you to live with the grief of knowing that you ruined my life. At the very least, you will not enjoy the marathon at all. You’ll see my face in the crowd of spectators at every turn and you’ll wonder how I got everywhere before you did … with my black veil and all.

If you have already entered the lottery, withdraw your name now. Save yourself this pain.

If you email me proof that you either have refrained from entering or have withdrawn your name, I’ll send you the list of all the great marathons in the world that will make you happier than New York ever could. That’s how much I care about you. Really. Personally.

And if you bought into ANY of this, I have bridge I want to sell you for cheap. Nah. Not the Brooklyn Bridge again. This time it’s the Verrazano Narrows.

COUNTDOWN TO THE ING NEW YORK CITY MARATHON LOTTERY DRAWING: 12 DAYS

No comments:

Post a Comment