Bev

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Laying claim to the morning.

It’s a beautiful spring weekend, but I’m behind on my work, so while the rest of Gainesville cavorts (yes, they cavort; it’s FLORIDA!!!), I will be chained to my desk for the duration, trying to make up for time lost to life’s most non-negotiable demand.

This is punishment.

This is penance.

But I know the work will go better if I run first, so I slip the bonds of indenture and sneak out into the cool morning air … before guilt can bag and tag me, and drag me back into servitude.

If I lay claim to the best of the day, then the rest of the day doesn’t need to be mine really. I love being a runner. I hate being a grownup. I strike a deal.

I wish you a great weekend! Whatever you do, throw in a little extra fun … for me, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment